I have recently started preschool with my big kid! We have had a lot of fun so far, & he has made so much progress. It has been a little over a month, & he has learned so much already! I am so proud of him! Yay G! =)
Last week, our theme was Spring/Weather. This was a fun unit to do. We sprouted some beans in a jar & planted them outside in a homemade bean tower (How-to coming soon!), G planted his very own grass seeds in a jar, & we made it RAIN! INSIDE!! I think this was probably his favorite activity of the week!
Look at all the pretty colors! =)
This project is super easy, & you don’t need much to do it. All you need is:
- tall glass or jar
- food coloring
- shaving cream
- dropper or syringe (we used the ones that came with the infant tylenol.)
- small glasses or bowls to mix food coloring. I think even an old egg carton would be perfect!
That’s it… that’s all you need!
Ready to see how easy this is?
- Fill the glass 2/3 full with water.
- Top off the glass with a big blob of shaving cream. The bigger you make it, the longer the ‘rain’ takes to travel through the ‘cloud’. I made our clouds pretty big… waiting = more excitement! 😉
- Mix a few drops of food coloring with about a tablespoon of water. You can do a single color, or make a few different ones.
- Using your dropper or syringe, add your diluted food coloring in a few different spots on the shaving cream ‘cloud’. I put about 2 drops in each spot.
- Watch the magic!
That face! He was a little unsure at first… haha!
G loved the first one so much, he wanted to try another. We did green this time…
The underside of the storm cloud looks pretty cool! This was a quick little experiment, & it was a lot of fun! It is also easy to clean up, as long as no one accidentally spills the glass!
Have fun making it rain!